The “Rust” costume designer whose social media posts Alec Baldwin shared to defend working conditions on the set doubled down Wednesday — dismissing the “ugly, false noise” from just “1 or 2 people.”
Baldwin, 63, who fatally shot cinematographer Halnya Hutchins, 42, and wounded director Joel Souza, shared several screenshots Tuesday of remarks by Terese Magpale Davis, who worked in the wardrobe department for the movie.
In her lengthy post, Davis wrote that “the story being spun of us being overworked and surrounded by unsafe, chaotic conditions is bulls—.”
The member of the wardrobe department then told Fox News in a statement Wednesday that movie sets “are like families” — and “Rust” was “particularly tight.”
“They are each beautiful experiences and Rust was a particularly tight set,” Davis told the network. “Halyna was at the center of our family, the brightest light and to have 1 or 2 people destroy her beauty with ugly, false noise is compounding the hurt and making the grieving process that much harder.”
She added: “This is a time for people to come together to comfort one another.”
In her social media post, Davis insisted that the crew never worked for more than 12½ hours a day — and that “most days were under 12.”
She also pushed back at suggestions that safety was compromised on set, despite union members walking off the set over safety concerns just hours before Baldwin fired the .45-caliber Colt revolver, according to text messages obtained by The Post.
“Our AD never seemed flippant about safety,” she wrote, referring to assistant director Dave Halls, who reportedly handed Baldwin the pistol that killed Hutchins and insisted that it was a “cold gun,” according to a search warrant.
“Am I angry with him? Yes. But I won’t jump on the bandwagon and pretend he was uncaring about our safety the whole way through,” she went on.
Davis did, however, admit she’d push for more gun safety on sets — even to the point of banning live guns from them completely.
“But I’m not okay with using [Hutchins] to be the poster child for better hours. We had exactly the kind of hours we all say we want,” she said.
Meanwhile, rookie head armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, 24, told Fox News Digital that she is not yet ready to discuss the tragedy publicly.
“It’s only been two weeks, and I’m not ready to speak on it yet,” Gutierrez-Reed told the outlet on Wednesday. “That’ll come. At this point in time, I’m just referring and directing everyone to my lawyers.”
Her father, Thell Reed, also a Hollywood armorer, told Fox News Digital that he “wasn’t there” at the time of the shooting and didn’t have any more to add.
Gutierrez-Reed’s attorneys alleged Wednesday that the shooting may have been the deadly result of a “disgruntled” crew member “sabotaging” the set.
The armorer loaded the gun Baldwin used from a box of ammo that should have been only dummy rounds, her attorney, Jason Bowles, told the “Today” show.
“We know there was a live round in a box of dummy rounds that shouldn’t have been there — at least one live round,” said Bowles, a former federal prosecutor.
“We’re assuming somebody put the live round in that box — which, if you think about that, the person who put the live round in the box of dummy rounds had to have the purpose of sabotaging the set,” he claimed.
“There’s no other reason that you would do that — that you would mix that live round in with a dummy round,” Bowles added.
Gutierrez-Reed’s lawyers also told the New York Times that the .45 Long Colt revolver Baldwin used had been left unattended for two hours before the fatal shooting.