AUSTIN, Texas, May 26, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The Art Institute of Austin (Ai Austin), a branch of the Art Institute of Houston, announced the timing of its Spring Student Fashion Show for Wednesday, June 8th at 5:30pm.
The fashion show will showcase six of Ai Austin’s talented fashion students, each displaying two to three of their favorite designs created this past term. Led by Ai Austin Fashion Faculty Karen Bravo, the show’s production will be managed by Mia Morales, a Fashion & Retail Management student from San Antonio, TX who will be assisting Bravo. After the show, student designers will welcome questions about current designs and upcoming trends through a meet and greet session.
“This show is an end-of-term celebration of the students’ hard work, and an opportunity for them to show off what they have learned during this term,” said Bravo.
The six (6) Ai Austin Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design students selected to showcase their work, include:
- Deja Wright, a sophomore in fashion design who is originally from Baltimore, will be showing pieces with a touch of texture, color, and prints blended into a rebellious style.
- Elly Abels, a junior in fashion design from Austin, TX, will be showing pieces inspired by 60s mod fashion, with a bright, colorful presence.
- Anntionette Davis, a junior in fashion design from Georgia, will be showing edgy street chic separates that can be dressed up or down.
- Naomi Hollar, a freshman in fashion design from Austin, TX, is an aspiring sustainable designer who will be showing pieces that fabricate internal emotions into physical fashion designs.
- Kadajza Griffin, a sophomore in fashion design from Georgia, will be showing pieces where modern meets streetwear infused with glamor.
- Kenah Fuller, a senior in fashion design from Austin, TX, will be showing pieces using luxury materials, juxtaposing masculine and feminine pieces into one-of-a-kind couture designs.
“Our students in the Pattern Making/Draping and Construction courses have learned the basics of pattern making, draping, and construction over 10 weeks, making a basic bodice, pencil skirt, dresses, and pants, as well as a bias-cut dress inspired by French designer Madeleine Vionnet,” added Bravo. “The audience will see the student’s interpretations of what they learned this term and their runway show is highly anticipated.”
The Spring Student Fashion Show is open to the public and offered at no charge.
When: Wednesday, June 8th from 5:30-7pm. Doors open at 5pm with refreshments, and the fashion show will be followed by social time with the designers until 7pm.
Where: Lost Pines Art Center, 1204 Chestnut St, Bastrop, TX 78602
The show will also be available to the public via livestream at Ai Austin’s Instagram page, @Ai_Austin.
To learn more about The Art Institute of Austin, visit www.artinstitutes.edu/austin.
The Art Institute of Austin
The Art Institute of Austin, a branch of The Art Institute of Houston, is one of The Art Institutes, a system of private schools throughout the United States. Programs, credential levels, technology, and scheduling options vary by school and are subject to change. Not all programs are available to residents of all U.S. states. The Art of Austin, a branch of The Art Institute of Houston, 1204 Chestnut Street, Bastrop, TX 78602 © 2022. The Arts Institutes International LLC. All rights reserved.
View original content to download multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/the-art-institute-of-austin-spring-student-fashion-show-set-for-june-8th-301555614.html
SOURCE The Art Institutes